Saturday, January 21, 2012

Israel Trip Report Part 9 – United First Class Newark to Denver


Trip Report – Israel 2011
  1. United #1273: Orange County, CA (SNA) to Newark, NJ (EWR)
  2. United #90: Newark, NJ (EWR) to Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV)
  3. Tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem
  4. Tour of Caesarea, Rosh Hanikra, and Acre
  5. Tour of Petra
  6. Tel Aviv
  7. Grand Beach Hotel Review
  8. United #91:  Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV) to Newark, NJ (EWR)
  9. United #311:  Newark, NJ (EWR) to Denver, CO (DEN)
  10. United #403:  Denver, CO (DEN) to Orange County, CA (SNA)
Part 9 – United First Class Newark to Denver

United Airbus 320
Seat:  1E
Cabin:  First
Date:  01/18/12
Scheduled Departure:  7:00am
Actual Departure:  6:57am
Scheduled Arrival:  9:21a
Actual Arrival:  9:09a

Once my pack was rechecked through to Orange County I had to change terminals at Newark with via an airtrain and then go through security at Terminal A to make my United flight.  I was able to pop into the United Club and was hoping that they would have a shower for use but alas no.  I felt sorry for those sitting next to me on the remaining flights. 

The flight to Denver was full and boarded started early.  The first class cabin on the United 320 was standard and my bulkhead aisle seat felt a little cramped in the knees and feet.  I was still feeling a bit off from my earlier flight and the bad omelet.  I had a glass of water before departure and soon enough we were taxiing and in the air. 

Breakfast service started about 30 minutes after takeoff with orange juice.  On the ground, drinks on United flights are always served in plastic cups but once in the air the glassware is broken out.  It’s a plus that they also hold more juice, water, or wine.  I usually select the warm option / eggs for breakfast on these flights bit my poor experience with eggs on the previous flight made me opt for the cereal and fruit plate.  This option was the better one with enough food to satisfy my stomach and a good variety.  The fruit was fresh, the yogurt tasty, the croissant warm, and the cereal a good finish.  I may start opting for this selection more although they do not cater enough of these meals on these flights.  They typically will have only two or three meals in a cabin that seats 12. 

Cereal and Fruit

After my tray was removed I reclined my seat and before I knew it we were landing in Denver.  Overall, the service on the flight was decent with nothing outstanding.  The one plus of the flight was the early arrival into Denver which gave me more time to relax in the United Club before heading home to Orange County.  

No comments:

Post a Comment